31 May 2019
Works to the river bank have been completed at this popular Public House positioned on the banks of the River Cherwell near Oxford. The pub has a long history, with Oliver Cromwell reputed to have stayed at the pub whilst waiting to liberate the city in 1646.
The pub was once named the Ferry Inn and a punt ferry ran across the river at this point up until the 1960’s. Today the pub is a popular destination for customers arriving by punt and the new revetment provides a perfect place to tie up and sample the food and drink.
Works required the approval of the Environment Agency. The work provided challenges to the Contractor due to the location of the work area inside the beer garden. The temporary astro turf will provide a hard-wearing finish suitable for the busy summer period and will be replaced during the Autumn with natural turf.